God continues to bless our work and multiply our time so that the American Freedom Law Center can be your voice and your advocate in the courtrooms across America. As you can see, AFLC is action-oriented. A lot of organizations talk about making a difference – we are making a difference.
Here is a brief summary of what we accomplished this past month:
- Presented arguments and evidence during a four-hour hearing on a request for a preliminary injunction in a New York federal court in AFDI v. MTA, the case in which the New York transportation authority refused to allow an anti-jihad ad to run on city buses. Read more here.
- Filed an opening brief in U.S. Court of Appeals for Sixth Circuit in Dixon v. University of Toledo, the case of a Christian woman fired by the University of Toledo for expressing her personal viewpoint on homosexuality in an op-ed in a local newspaper. Read more here.
- Filed a motion for summary judgment in Northland Family Planning Clinic v. Center for Bio-Ethical Reform, Inc., the case of an abortion clinic suing a pro-life group for using parts of the clinic’s promotional video to expose its pro-abortion deception. Read more here.
- Presented oral argument before a 3-judge panel at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in Murray v. United States Department of Treasury, AFLC’s constitutional challenge to the federal government’s financial bailout of AIG, which promotes sharia-compliant insurance products. Read more here.
- Filed a reply brief in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Dariano v. Morgan Hill Unified School District, the case in which several California high school students were banned from wearing American flag t-shirts at school on May 5, 2010 because the school’s Mexican students were celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Read more here.
- Served subpoenas on the Islamic Center of Tulsa in Captain Paul Fields v. City of Tulsa, Oklahoma, the case in which a Tulsa police captain was disciplined for refusing to attend a mandatory pro-Islam event at a local mosque. Read more here.
- Spoke at the “Islamic Law in America” conference hosted by Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer in Dearborn, Michigan. Read more here.
- Filed a response to the Department of Justice’s notice of filing a motion to dismiss in Priests for Life v. U.S. Department for Health and Human Services case, the case in which Priests for Life is challenging the mandate that requires religious organizations to provide insurance plans that include coverage for contraception, sterilization, abortifacients, and related education and counseling or incur substantial penalty fines. Read the response letter here and read more about the case here.
- Conducted numerous interviews with local and national media regarding our important work
- Conducted ongoing discovery and other litigation matters
- Released four “Faith and Freedom Report” video alerts and posted ten blog entries on various issues
Thomas Paine once said that those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it. We can assure you that the American Freedom Law Center is working tirelessly to defend our precious freedoms, and we again thank you for your support. May God bless you, and may God continue to bless America.